Saturday, August 8, 2009

today is a great day!

WOO HOO!!!! I'm very happy to announce that we are finally going to be making some HUGE progress as far as the nursery/bedroom goes. Yesterday, as I was perusing the kids' department in Ikea, my mother-in-law called me asking me if I had ever found the paint I was looking for in the storage locker. I replied no, not really giving any thought to why she was asking me, and she proceeded to ask me if I wanted her guy that was painting her other condo to pick up paint for me, as he was currently on his way to Home Depot to buy paint for her. Even though I do need paint, for the life of me I couldn't recall the name of the paint I needed, and I jokingly said, "I don't know the name of the paint I need, but if he'd like to paint our room for us that would be great!" Much to my surprise and pleasure she said "OK"!

Phew!!! That is a huge relief to me, because the painting was the one thing I was not looking forward to! Our bedroom has a lot of bulkheads and odd corners, and I remember when we first moved in here 9 years ago, what a pain in the butt it was to maneuver into all of those spaces to paint. Believe me, it is not something I really wanted to do now that I'm 7 months preggers, but I would've sucked it up and done it, just to get it done.

So...the painters are coming in TODAY to patch all the walls and by next weekend we should have a freshly painted room! I know I still haven't posted any nursery inspiration pics, but this news took precedence! I'll be posting more nursery stuff once all the painting is done...let's keep our fingers crossed that these new plans don't change ;)

No comments: