Thursday, August 6, 2009

creating a space for the mini muffin























I've posted a few times that I'm helping out my sister, muffin top designs, to create the perfect space for her mini muffin. I'm so thankful that she's allowed me to help her in this endeavor, seeing as my nursery or bedroom makeover is on hold for the moment...I'll get into that another time. We've made quite a bit of progress thus far, but since she lives downtown and I'm uptown, not to mention if I navigate my way to her place without the hubby, and her DH is at work, not much is really gonna get completed considering we have 3 kids between the two of us. Let's just say her nursery is a work still in progress :)

We've managed to do a good portion of the shopping online, while on the phone with each other, and we really lucked out the day we went shopping for all the bedding (we needed crib bedding and something for a twin bed fashioned as a sofa). We've been super focused on our trips to Ikea, scouting only items we need, and we're now in the last stages
of putting everything together. A couple weekends ago I took my brood to her place and I was able to paint stripes on an accent wall above the crib, as well as tidy up the mini's bookcase and dress the room with what we had. Unfortunately we were unable to put up a shelf due to a hardware malfunction...wrong size screws, but that has all been remedied.

I've also managed to finish the mobile that will hang above the crib. It consists of three balls: a paper flower ball, a ribbon covered paper lantern and a tissue paper pom pom. It turned out quite lovely, and I can't wait to get it in place! There's still a few things that need to be purchased, but we're in no rush at this point. I'll keep you guys updated as we go :)

No comments: