Monday, July 20, 2009

nesting has begun...i wish i could say the nursery reno had too

So for the last few weeks I've been in full-on nesting mode. Plans for the nursery/master bedroom have taken on a life of their own, but being 6.5 months pregnant is not lending itself to mobility or stamina. Having said that, I'm trying to power through and get the room cleared as much as possible, with the sporadic help of my hubby, to prepare for painting. I'm really excited to see how this venture turns out, primarily because I wouldn't really consider the room a nursery (which is really going to only consist of a corner of the master bedroom), but more a much needed face lift for the bedroom.

In addition to scouring tons of baby blogs and decorating sites for inspiration for our room, I've also been lending a hand in the redesign of my sister's, muffintopdesigns, baby room. I had mentioned some time ago that I was helping her to plan her nursery, but with the early arrival of her mini muffin, as well as the joys of morning sickness on my part, what was to be a perfectly completed baby's room, never quite saw the light of day. Needless to say, both my sister and myself have been on a rampage, searching for baby bedding for her, and fabric for me...I'm attempting to make my own crib set to co-ordinate with the decor chosen for the bedroom. I've had lots of inspiration and decided on a pale yellow/gray/white colour scheme. I've chosen fabric, furniture, bedding for my bed and have an overall idea of how I'm hoping my room with look in the end...I have my fingers crossed that what's in my head will actually be able to come to life:) We'll see!

No comments: