Thursday, September 16, 2010

tell me more, tell me more
















My oldest papercut is going to be 9 this fall. I've been trying to put this off for a long time now, but I think I've got to take the plunge.

It's time to have 'the talk'.

I'm nervous. I don't want to give her too much information, but I want to make sure she's really informed. I'd rather she have all the right facts, as opposed to finding out stuff from her friends that is pretty inaccurate (you remember the one about drinking orange pop and jumping up and down to prevent pregnancy, right?). I'd like to think my daughter and I have a pretty open relationship, and that she feels comfortable asking me anything, but kids these days...who can tell what they're really thinking! Plus she's still a baby to me. OK blogging mommas, your help is needed! If anyone has any suggestions as far as books or ideas that can move our 'talk' along smoothly, without scaring the bejeezus out of her, it would be greatly appreciated:) Wish me luck!

No comments: