Thursday, December 24, 2009

yummy fudge






















Image courtesy of Martha Stewart

My son has a peanut allergy, and over the years we've convinced him that he doesn't like bakery items. It started off as a precaution, seeing as most baked goods are not peanut free, but in the wave of peanut free snacks and schools, we've found a handful of bakeries that are absolutely peanut free. However, after years of never eating birthday cake, even homemade from scratch, my son refuses to eat cakes, cupcakes, pies and to some extent even cookies. I always felt badly that he was eating fruit instead of indulging in a little bit of yummy sweetness on his birthday...enter the BEST and easiest fudge ever!!!! My sis made this fudge for my son's last birthday, and it was a huge hit (all the kids were eating it instead of the cake!) !! With only 3 ingredients, and the fact that you basically dump it all in a pot and cook over low until it melts, it is by far my favourite recipe:) You can find the full recipe here, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed! So yummy!!

No comments: