Saturday, November 28, 2009

a new bed
















As many of you know I had a baby in October, and with this new addition my husband and I are now sharing our master bedroom with the mini papercut. Now that the 'nursery' side of the bedroom is complete, we are slowly moving forward on the completion of the 'grown-up' side of the room. I've been looking for furniture for quite some time now (read since May) and a few weeks before having my little one, we finally purchased a bed (white leather, very similar to the one in the picture), which I am happy to say is being delivered TODAY!!! This has been a very long process for me, and I'm quite anxious to have it all finished. Since the bed is the last large furniture piece going into the room, it will be fun to be able to pick out all of the other accessories. We still need a new mattress ( we downsized from a king to a queen), bedside tables, lamps and bed linens, but I would like to have the whole room pulled together by Christmas...not too ambitious, but with the kids going on Christmas break in 3 weeks it'll be interesting:) Here's hoping that my finished room looks something like the one in the picture! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh that's very exciting indeed! When we moved into our current home, I basically told my husband that he had no choice, I was turning our bedroom into an adult retreat (inspiration from the lovely Sarah Richardson). And I'm soooo glad we did, it's just a dream to walk in there and to know that it's OUR little sanctuary. Although I have to admit, I do find Thomas books scattered around and a few dinky cars from time to time, I still love it! lol

kiddlebug said...

I want to come live in your house. It looks like a fancy hotel! Mine....not so much...

Gorgeous!!

kribss said...

what a great room/bed! cant wait to see yours- please share when finished :O)