Saturday, March 22, 2008

nurseries, new babies + a website

I've been pretty busy of late. My kids were on March Break 2 weeks ago, and we spent a lot of it outside despite the cold weather. The kids had a blast tobogganing and skating, hubby and I enjoyed it too but we also realized how old we are. Man, going up and down the hill 50 million times really makes you think 'What were we thinking!!!!'. But the little ones loved it so it was totally worth it. We actually kept busy enough that we did not hear them utter the dreaded 'We're bored', even once. I think that's pretty good considering the attention span of most 4 and 6 year olds! But I'm glad March Break is over.

Even after the kids went back to school, things didn't stop for me. As mentioned before, a girlfriend of mine was pregnant, so I've spent the last few weeks preparing her nursery for her. A little bit of painting, accessorizing and some organizing too went into transforming their small den into a beautiful room fit for a princess. I'll be posting some pics later this week. Between nursery decorating, and the usual mommy activities, I've also been working on the layout and new artwork for my website. While it's very time consuming, it's also been very satisfying to see everything I've been envisioning in my head come to life. I can't wait for it to be done!

Having said that, I'm not sure when that's going to be...you see the guy doing my website works with my pregnant girlfriend's hubby and their little bundle of joy could wait no longer and made her much anticipated arrival on March 20, 2008. Baby Sydney was 1 week early, and she is absolutely beautiful! The proud parents are doing well, and are extremely exhausted...Sydney does not like to sleep at night yet! So it's gonna be at least a couple more weeks before I can get all of my artwork and paperwork to the website guy.

I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend. My hubby and I are taking the kids to see 'Horton Hears a Who', I've heard it's really good. Don't fill up on too much chocolate, and have fun!

No comments: