Sunday, November 11, 2012

let's try this again















Where did the time go?  School started, Thanksgiving and Halloween flew by and now Christmas is right around the corner!  There has been a lot of activity in the Little Papercuts house these past few months, and while none of it is directly work related, a good chunk of it is craft related.  Which in my books is a good thing and a step in the right direction.  First of all I'd like to say a very big thank you to everyone still following this lil ole blog of mine.  I've left her deserted for quite some time, but I'm ready to give her a bit of much needed love and attention.  So where do I begin?

I could ramble on for pages about our summer, reminiscent of essays written upon returning to school about 'How I Spent my Summer Vacation', but I won't.  Our summer was relaxing and filled with very little things to do on our list.  That's it.  The kids were happy to return to school, and believe me, so was I.  You all know me well enough by now to know that work is still on hold.  The miniest papercut is still at home, making messes and getting into more mischief as each day passes.  But I wouldn't miss a second for anything.  I'm really lucky.  I have had the amazing privilege of staying home to watch all of my kids grow up and be hands on.  So work can wait.  It's only until next September, and I'm sure the time will pass quicker than I'd like. 

So what else have we been up to?  I'm happy to say there has been quite a bit of sewing and a whole bunch of paper craft in the works.  Halloween and the mini papercut's 3rd birthday provided me with a HUGE artistic outlet.  Pictures and stories will be following shortly, but for now it feels good to be back.  Dipping my fingers in the creativity pot has put me in the perfect frame of mind to get back to work.  Happy and excited.  Yup, that's about right. Hope you guys are ready for what should be a great year :)

No comments: