Saturday, February 6, 2010

fanciful furniture






















Image via Brocade Home

I am absolutely smitten by this beautiful media storage console! If the mini papercut had her own room, this would definitely be on my wish list for her space. The white would be so pretty against a dark wall. I would love to use one as toy storage or even in place of a dresser. Who says you have to use a piece of furniture for its intended purpose? Not me...especially when they would look so fantastic in a kid's room:)














Image via megan auman

This beautiful ottoman would work well as a small side table in a child's room, maybe with a tray on top so items won't fall through.






















Image via Modern Dose

And how cute is this footstool? So whimsical and girly, the perfect accent piece for a nursery. I'm thinking you could probably make something similar with lots of felt flowers and a slipcover over an old footstool/ottoman. That might just be my next project:)

No comments: