Tuesday, January 26, 2010

pretty patterns























While I wait for the mini papercut to get into a bit of a schedule, sadly all paper artwork is on hold. But that doesn't mean that all creative endeavors will cease as well. My love of fabrics has grown leaps and bounds over the last year. Much like my love of paper, I can't help but look at all of the beautiful patterns and think 'What could I use this for?'.

I've decided to start some sewing projects for the mini to accompany her lovely bedding that I had sewn while pregnant. I'm thinking of adding a patchwork quilt, a few change pad covers, maybe even a bib or two for her and some pillows for the grown-up side of the room to tie everything together.

I found some fabulous fabrics from the Flora and Fauna collection by Patty Young at Tonic Living that will work really nicely with the leftovers from the crib fabrics, and I also picked up some pretty grey and white fabric from Ikea. The mini papercut seems to like all the patterns, although she did spit up shortly after this picture was taken..oh well, off to do more laundry;)

No comments: